- This event has passed.
COP at The Morgan Library | Call and Response
March 19 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm$30
Members of The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia travel to New York on Tuesday, March 19 2019 for a performance at the beautiful Morgan Library. The program will be a repeat performance of “Call and Response” which premieres on March 13, 2019 as part of our Annenberg Center Live series.
Rush Hour Music In Mr. Morgan’s Library
In the second season of the Morgan’s new “rush hour” series celebrated artists perform Baroque to contemporary chamber music in the intimate and sumptuous surroundings of Mr. Morgan’s Library. All concerts last approximately one hour.
Program: Call & Response: African-American composers
- Jeffrey Mumford (b. 1955) – eight aspects of appreciation II
- Ulysses Kay (1917-1995) – Pantomime Fantasy
- Shawn Okpebholo (b.1981) – Distance
- Jonathan Bailey Holland (b.1974) – Rebounds
- David Baker (1931-2016) – Duo
- Coleridge-Taylor Perkinson (1932-2004) – Walkin’ All Over God’s City Called Heaven