Marketing and Communications Manager
Position: Marketing and Communications Manager
Organization: The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
Reports to: Executive Director
The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia (COP) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team to oversee and implement marketing, communications, and design strategies. The ideal candidate will bring passion, talent, flexibility, and energy to this position.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will work with the Executive Director and lead initiatives such as subscription and single ticket marketing campaigns, audience development, digital fundraising campaigns, public relations and media contact, and the design and production of COP materials. This position works closely with the Donor and Patron Relations Manager to ensure seamless communication with all stakeholders.
The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia’s (COP) mission is to be a sustainable musical institution that brings the intimate experience of a world-class chamber orchestra performance to the greater Philadelphia area, enriching the musical life of the City and region by the integrity and excellence of its musicianship, the boldness and vitality of its programming, and by cultivating and building the loyalty of its audiences, musicians and supporters.
- Design and implement marketing plans for season subscription, renewal campaigns and single ticket sales, digital fundraising campaigns, and other sales programs.
- Monitor budget of all marketing efforts to meet determined goals.
- Develop and implement strategies around community engagement and education programs.
Public Relations & Communications
- Maintain positive working relationships with industry and media contacts
- Ensure consistent delivery of messages relating to COP’s Mission
- Write copy for all marketing materials, including press releases, website, social media platforms, postcards, billboards, radio, and other advertisements when necessary
- Work with internal staff to create and distribute support materials
- Develop and implement Digital and Social Media strategies
Graphic Design and Website
- Work closely with graphic designer to generate creative and produce a wide range of print and digital collateral, concert programs, signage, and other support materials for COP departments.
- Ability to use Adobe Suite to create and edit basic ads and other communication marketing collateral
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills relating to graphic design software and systems used to produce finished art
- Manage COP website content, design, and update through the season
- Attend performances of the orchestra to act as a liaison to the media and public
- Plan and execute special events through venues around Philadelphia
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be a part of a vibrant team
- Ability to balance multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Highly computer literate with significant skill using Adobe Creative Suite, with particular proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of arts marketing and classical music is required
- Bachelor degree in Music, Arts Administration, Business, or Marketing, or equivalent experience
- Full-time permanent position, based on a 30-hour work week (with some evening and weekend hours)
- Approximate start date: July 2018
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a design portfolio by Friday, June 15th, 2018 at 4PM to:
Mike Hogue, Marketing and Communications Manger
The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia
For more information, please visit chamberorchestra.org
No phone calls or hard copies, please.
COP would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Current Postings