- This event has passed.
Origins and Diaspora at the Annenberg Center
October 17, 2018 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm$29 – $35
Origins and Diaspora
Wednesday, October 17 at 7:30pm at the Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
A unique, interactive chamber music experience that explores West African musical traditions and influences in classical music with members of the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia. Performed in the round, host Jim Cotter will provide background and insight on each work and lead conversations with the musicians between pieces. The performance concludes with a casual audience Q&A.
- Halim El-Dabh (1921-2017) – Thulathiya for Flute, Violin, and Piano
- Emmanuel Gyimah Labi (b.1950) – The Lotus for Solo Piano
- Fred Onovwerosuoke (b.1960) – Five Sketches for Flute, Violin, and Piano
- Godwin Sadoh (b.1965) – Illusions for Violin and Piano
- Godwin Sadoh (b.1965) – Three Pieces for Solo Flute
- Joshua Uzoigwe (1946-2005) – Oja Suite for Flute and Piano
- Annenberg Center
3680 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104 + Google Map
- May 26, 2019